Lake Rabun Georgia News Letter
Hello Lake Rabun Friends,
The June Lake Rabun Update is e-mailed to you a few days early due to the Memorial Day Weekend being observed on May 27 through May 30.
The spring pollen season is ending on Lake Rabun. With the amount of work trying to keep the decks and porches somewhat clean, the bees have had a generous serving of pollen and it should be a great year for local honey. The first week in June will be my marker as to when the lake fun water season begins. The majority of the pressure washings, painting, window cleaning and boat preparation are behind me so let the lake enjoyment begin. A calm cruise on the lake is so Lake Rabun. The new boathouses built over the winter really look good. They really add to the quality of the lake. Oh yeah, it is time to clean the grill!
At 9:00 AM on Sunday, May 22, The First Methodist Church of Clayton will launch their 2011 Boat Church at their boathouse along Lake Rabun Road. Be there. If you need directions, just send me an email and I will be happy to help.
Our Lake Rabun Association is launching the season with the Annual Spring Meeting at the Pavilion on Sunday morning, May 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM. This year the New Directories will be available for pickup at the meeting.
Following the Membership Meeting, stay around for the 2nd annual Memorial Day Membership Brunch. It is catered by Tallulah Gorge Grill.
Here are a few items mentioned in the Spring/Summer 2011 Waves publication:
On Friday, June 10, the annual Lake Rabun Clean-Up Day will meet around 8:00 AM at Hall’s. Contact Bob Clinkscales at 770-789-7299 for additional information.
June 18th looks to be a big day on Lake Rabun. After reviewing this year’s planning publications The 2011 Flea Market and Silent Auction appear to be the best ever. Remember, all proceeds benefit the needs of Rabun County.
This year’s theme is “paddles”. They are donated by Hall’s Boathouse, and have been painted, stained and decorated by our LRA members. There will be a raffle for a trip to Las Vegas, Collector’s Corner with indoor and outdoor furniture, sporting goods, books, paintings and other items for sale. Jewelry is a new addition to the Flea Market this year.
There will be “The Grill” available for lunch and a cold drink.
Sounds like a busy day at Lake Rabun.
June 25. Boater Safety and Certification Class. Here is another item taken from the current issue of Waves. On Saturday, June 25, (9 AM to 12 Noon), at the lower level of the Pavilion our DNR Officers will conduct the class. All ages are welcome and lunch will be provided by Louie’s.
Here are some ideas for outings in June 2011. Some are repeats from last month:
(Just click on the Highlighted / Underlined words and it will take you to the Web Site)
- For something different on a Saturday night, Tallulah Falls Bluegrass Music on the Square. The stage is located next door to the police and fire department.
- Lake Rabun Hotel now offers Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Call 706-782-4946 for menu or go to www.lakerabunhotel.com for more details.
- Rabun County Waterfalls can be a fun adventure. Most are a short walk from the road.
- If you would like to consider hiking, here is the Web Link to some trails in Rabun County.
- Bike riding continues is very popular. Here is the Trail Link to some mountain bike trails in the area.
- If you would like to hike the “AT” Appalachian Trail in Georgia, here is the Web Link to become familiar with the access points.
- Movies. Not far from Lake Rabun, just south on US Hwy 441 is Habersham Hills Cinemas. They have 12 screens and show the most recent releases.
- The Tiger Drive In opened for the 2011 season on April 1. A click on their name will take you to their web site for all the details.
- Whitewater Rafting. For all you whitewater rafting enthusiasts, the Chattooga River is open for paddlers. Nantahala Outdoor Center, Wildwater Limited and Southeastern are ready to take you for a ride. Call 706-782-4812 for more information.
- For web sites mentioned in a previous update, please see the bottom of this letter.
As for the Lake Rabun real estate market, here is a quick view of activity as of May 25, 2011:
Location Status $$$
- 1068 Kings Row Back on the Market 1,300,000
- 180 Pearson Lane Under Contract
- 3645 Lake Rabun Road New Listing 2,100,000
- 892 Levi Lane Back on the Market 1,975,000
- 5440 Brandon Mill Road Back on the Market 1,995,000
- 2285 Lake Rabun Road Under Contract
- 3903 Lake Rabun Road New Listing 3,975,000
So far in 2011, through May 25, 2011, there have been 7 closings:
- 5618 Brandon Mill Road
- 1635 Lake Rabun Road
- 1073 Wexford Way
- 5786 Lake Rabun Rd
- 1663 Bear Gap Road
- 254 (+/- ) Bear Gap Rd
- 390 Georgia Lane
There are 3 properties under contract:
- 299 Stillhouse Lane
- 180 Pearson Lane
- 2285 Lake Rabun Road
There are currently 4 bank owned properties on Lake Rabun for sale:
- 769 Lake Rabun Rd $4,999,999
- 6352 Lake Rabun Rd $600,000
- 5628 Lake Rabun Rd $550,000
- 731 Lake Rabun Rd $400,000
If you have a moment, please take a look at the information and tell your friends about these properties, and Lake Rabun Waterfront Homes.com.
Thank you for looking over the May 2011 Lake Rabun Update. I hope there is something of interest or help for you this month. Please pass it along to others. If you know someone who would like to receive a copy, just let me know and I will put them on the mail list.
- Unsubscribe. If you want to be removed from future mass mailings, please let me know.
For web sites mentioned in previous updates:
(Just click on the Highlighted / Underlined name and it will take you to the Web Site)
- Tornado destruction on Lake Burton http://vt.realbiz360.com/MLS-691267.html.
- Fox Fire Museum in Dillard, GA. Living History Days, April 15 – April 16.
- Goats on the Roof on Hwy 441
- Georgia Forest Watch
- Hillside Orchard Farms in Lakemont
- Rabun County Antiques, Art and Gift Locations
- Rabun County Historical Society in Clayton
- Scaly Mountain Tubing Slopes, Scaly Mountain, NC 28775
- Smokey Mountain Center for the Performing Arts in Franklin, NC
- Tallulah Gorge State Park
- Tiger Mountain Vineyard
- Yonah Mountain Vineyards
- The Clinic at Wal-Mart in Clayton. Call 706-782-2150 for more information.
I will be posting this monthly Lake Rabun Update on my web site, www.LakeRabunWaterfrontHomes.com. If you are on the Home Page, look along the menu bar under the big picture. There is a tab labeled “News Letter”.
Take care, have a good day, see you at the Lake,