Lake Rabun Home Buyers FAQ's
Answering Your Lake Rabun Home buying Questions
Buying a Lake Rabun home is both thrilling and a bit unnerving, especially if you're a first-time lake home buyer. Both experienced home buyers and first-time buyers alike will benefit from the frequently asked questions below. Before you begin your Lake Rabun home search, it is recommended that you prepare yourself for the journey by educating yourself. This will ensure you are a knowledgeable home buyer prepared to make a confident home buying decision.Q - I've never purchased a lake home before. Where should I begin?
A - Actually you've already started the process. Fact-finding and reading articles is a great way to become a smart consumer. The highest priorities to focus on before you begin searching for a specific home would be to:
- Familiarize yourself with your personal finances.
- Learn about the Lake Rabun real estate market through this web site.
- Carefully review your budget and begin to eliminate as much debt as possible.
- Have a down payment and earnest money ready when the time comes to act and make your offer.
Q - With all the bad news about mortgage products and home foreclosures, how do I avoid making a big mistake when deciding which type of loan to select?
A - Once we meet and review your finances along with your home buying needs, you should select a lending consultant. We can recommend several trusted lending professionals or you can choose your own. Having utmost confidence in your lender is important. Be sure you feel completely at ease with them. They should speak to you in easy to understand terms. Ask lots of questions and never sign any document until you know what you are signing and feel completely at ease signing it. More and more lending professionals are recommending fixed interest rate loans and interest rates are still very attractive. Of course, the type of loan best for you depends on several factors. Here are just a few:
- How much money do you have for a down payment?
- How long do you plan to own or live in the home?
- Do you qualify for a FHA or VA loan?